sábado, 19 de abril de 2008

The things I like and I lack

Hard coloured in red as if it were blood
Spilt on it on purpose.
A glowing gold cross,
yellow pages, black words,
all written in Latin
and many pictures were the most devastating
features of the imponderable feeling that invaded me
when I first glanced at it.
Some of the carvings were in colours,
many others black and white.
The scent of centuries,
the soft grey dust on the back of the book
all this features summoned a great religious relic book.
Found in an inhospitable place
By someone I really appreciate.
I hope this person can make the best of it.
Now, I address you, my friend, study it and then tell me.
I know you don’t believe in this.
But, at least, try it to find out something
beyond a doctrine.
Do it as a scientist might have done it by researching.
Try once in a while to leave for this time
those books you really love.
I know you can surprise me with something more.

No hay comentarios: