lunes, 18 de junio de 2007

Family

The old man listened to the radio. His eyes sparkled in the dark. The song makes him remind his mother when she cooked. The old woman was my grandmother. She had a sad short life. And considering her sudden fait, I don't want the same.
She was a child when her biological parents sold her to a couple who were merchants in Santiago del Estero.
She recieved education at school. When teenager, she and her new family all moved to Tucuman where she met a spanish immigrant with whom she married. My grand father worked in a supermarket. With him my grandma had nine children, one of them died at the age of three of sudden death. Years passed to knowledge that sudden deah was part of my family genes.
As I was saying; My grandma had nine children. When she was to have the last baby, she died of pneumonia.
Her children were lmost abandoned to the good will of the family's closest friends and neighbours. My grandfather was so depressed and devastated that he ended up being an alcoholic. His children haunted the house since they were as pale and white as sheats.
Some of them started to work and left school. Some others grew up in their neighbours' homes and thus, received education quite well. While some other just went far away to find better opportunities in other places.
The children have never been together to each other. They don't know each other. They dont know if they are still alive or not.

No hay comentarios: