lunes, 3 de septiembre de 2007

My friends

My parents view about gays sometimes disappoints me. My best friends are gays. They are great. Why should I deny my friendship to them? Of course, I may never follow my parents’ retrograde ideas about who to consider “good people”. Come on, It not all on how you look like! But, it is who you are and how authentic a person can be! And believe me they are the most sincere ones when something happens to me or to them. I have always found my same sex more attractive so it’s hard to judge their likes or dislikes. I just can tell you can trust on them a lot. As other people may trust o their best friends. I am not trying to say that I trust on gays but I trust on my friends. Because that is what they really are!
I grew up as a young child with a strong rooted based belief of Roman Catholicism and that played a good part in my way of seeing life at the very beginning. I hated people different from me whether it was related to sex, or ethnicity. You see… I was not a “good Christian at all”. Years passed and I started to change my way of thinking…thanks God.!... Many doors opened to me, work, studies, and independence. So I met other people from different regions, from different backgrounds. And there, I met these beautiful people who taught me a lot about life and friendship. My questions here is why is it so hard for society to accept them? And why does the gays and lesbians have to hide from everyone else? A positive thing here is that gays and lesbians in Argentina are no longer iding as it was used to a decade ago. Quite the opposite they show their feelings freely.I tell our society that today the Gay and Lesbian community make up OUR AND YOUR SOCIETY. Hey, brothers accept them! Give them a chance to live.
Do you think a gay person has the chance to change back to a heterosexual person again?! why should they change the way their lifestyles when you don’t want to adapt to changes?

No hay comentarios: